Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Flooded"

Dawn: "So what do we do?"

Buffy: "Easy. We burn the house to the ground and collect the insurance. Plus, fire. Pretty."


Driving around Southlake, Texas, I happened to pass by a Paint Your Own Pottery Studio.  I could not resist the temptation to stop and check it out.  I hadn't done ceramics painting since 7th grade and I remember it was my favorite part of art class.  My friend, Erin, accompanied me  on one of their Ladies Night (No studio fees and BYOB, how could we resist?).  While Erin tackled a race car bank for her guy, I wanted to go for some irony for my guy.

Bear sells insurance for State Farm and as soon as I saw the gecko, I knew that I HAD to paint it for him.  Even better, I painted on a t-shirt that reads, "I <3 State Farm," similar to the "I <3 NY" shirts.  15 minutes may save you 15% or more, but it took me about 3 hours to paint. I think it turned out perfectly!!

Bear now proudly displays it on his desk in the office and frequently get comments on it.  I'm pretty proud of myself on this one.  :)

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.  (Can I get a hot tub!)

Be crafty,
Kris



No comments:

Post a Comment